Free Technical Support and Cash Incentives to Owners of Affordable Apartment Buildings
3E Thermal makes energy efficiency upgrades easy to undertake for owners of qualified apartment buildings.
We are not weatherization contractors or product vendors. We’re unbiased consultants whose only interest is maximizing the energy performance of Vermont’s affordable apartment housing.
3E Thermal technical support includes:
- Complete assessment of existing conditions and opportunities for energy improvements
- Analysis of fuel usage history and current energy performance
- Estimates of savings and budgets for recommended improvements
- Collaboration with owner’s design team on larger projects
- Review of and advice on project specifications and bids
- Progress and final inspections to assist contractors and ensure work meets specs
We’re consultants with cash. 3E Thermal uses funds from Vermont’s Thermal Efficiency Fund (which comes from other energy programs, not general tax dollars) to provide cash reimbursements for energy improvements. The more comprehensive the energy improvements, the more we can offer in incentives. Generally we target apartment buildings with 3 or more units and projects that will achieve at least 25% savings.
For buildings that don’t qualify for free services, we can provide technical support on a fee-basis.
We’re green-building advisors who pride ourselves on solving problems and achieving the most effective energy improvements within the parameters of the owner’s capital expense plan and budget .
The tenants are happier, they have a more reliable heating system. The building is more comfortable because we added a whole lot of insulation. We have new energy-efficient windows that work a lot more effectively. So I’m happy, I think the tenants are happy too.
Scott and Randy are the best to work with. I was like a fish out of water with the first project, and they helped me along with everything. It was marvelous, they were wonderful to work with.